I normally like brief updates…but this one is not brief! I have a lot of new and important information to share, so please take the time to read this at your convenience. Here we go:
1) Schedule - Starting in September, we will be meeting on Tuesdays from 6:30pm-9:30pm for Drop-In. We will also be meeting on Saturdays from 1:00pm-4:00pm for League play (more info on League Play below). Here’s our calendar for the month of September:
2) Fees - Starting in September, our fees for Drop-In and League play will be $3 for members and $5 for visitors (1st time visitors for Drop-In are free).
3) Membership - Since our schedule changes every 4 months, you can purchase a membership for $10 for each 4 month session. If you plan to play more than once a month, then a membership will save you money. Here’s a link to our new membership page here:
4) League play - In addition to our casual Drop-In format, we are adding a more organized League format that will start on Saturday, September 10th. I’m very excited about this new format! There will be more developments to come on this, but for now, please check out the details here on our new League webpage:
5) New Balls - We have decided to use Nittaku Premium 40+ balls for our Tournaments and League play. These balls have become the standard for most USATT tournaments including the US Open and Nationals tournaments. For Drop-In, we will be switching to Nittaku practice balls which will play more closely to the Nittaku premium balls than our current XSF seamless 40+ balls. I will be testing 2 different types of Nittaku practice balls tomorrow, and you are welcome to test them as well. Just let me know if you’d like to test them.
6) Tournament - Our next Tournament and Pizza day will be Saturday, October 1st. So, mark your calendars! I’m planning to add some additional value and prizes to our upcoming tournaments, so stay tuned for more info on that!
7) Labor Day Weekend - We will continue our Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday Schedule through the end of August, and then we will be closed for Labor Day Weekend.